Being a member of the Hudson’s Hope Historical Society does not require you to attend meetings. But if you do attend it will give you a voice and vote on matters concerning the museum and a great feeling of satisfaction that you are supporting an important local non profit organization.
Your membership fee goes towards the running costs of the museum and it will entitle you to a 10% discount throughout the year in the museum gift shop.
Membership Fees: $20/person
Cash donations can be made in person or over the phone with a credit card.
The Historical Society is a registered charity and can issue a tax receipt for eligible donations
Please indicate that you would like to receive a receipt at the time of your donation.
Our annual fundraiser is the “Harvest Social” in October and donations are welcome for live and silent auctions. Please contact the museum if you wish to donate to this event. This fundraiser is also a great way to have some fun whilst giving to a good cause.
If you wish to make a donation of an historic object or of archival material, please contact the museum manager. A temporary deposit agreement will be filled out and the donation will be brought to the Collections Management Committee for discussion.
Admission to the museum is by donation.
You don’t have to be a member to volunteer. Even if you can only offer a few hours – it all helps. The museum is now open all year round so we appreciate help during the winter and Spring months too. Come in and have a chat with the manager about the skills you have to offer . Training will be offered on specific tasks.
1. Archives Projects – We are initiating ab archives collections management project which will involve scanning photos and negatives and uploading them onto an open source database. If you have experience using a scanning and/or photoshop and would liek to help out for a few hours here ansd there please let us know.
2. Web Page – regular updates are required to our web page which should amount to a couple of hours/month. This could be done from your own home.
3. Collections Management – cross checking artifact records with actual objects in the collection
4. Exhibitions/Displays – help develop new exhibitions and displays
5. Tour Guides – we offer personalized tours. This entails telling the history and stories of Hudson’s Hope and taking visitors around the cabins and exhibits. This is a very rewarding activity and would especially suit long time residents of the area who have time to spare during the tourist season. Visitors really appreciate this personal touch.
6. Gift Shop – Work the gift shop counter and assist customers. Keep merchandise tidy and shelves stocked. Annual inventory.
7. Building Maintenance – minor repairs
8. Spring & Fall Cleanup – we bring some artefacts into the main building for winter storage and re-locate them in the Spring. The cabins and main building need a good cleaning at this time too.