Title: Museum Assistant
Location: Hudson’s Hope, B.C., Canada
Status: Seasonal Full-time (May 16th – August 31rd , 2014)
Hours: 35 hours/week- $15H
Deadline for Application: Please submit by April 25th, 2014
The mission of the HH Museum Society is to be the memory of the community by preserving and interpreting its history.
The HH Museum Society is seeking a Museum Assistant for a temporary full-time position. This position is subject to grant funding by Young Canada Works Program. More details can be obtained at their website http://www.pch.gc.ca/ycw-jct/guide/101-eng.cfm. The successful candidate will assist in museum interpretations, educational tours, research, collections inventory, collections care and documentation, cataloging, database work, event planning and public programming. The Museum Assistant will work closely with the Collections Manager.
· A student currently enrolled in a post-secondary program and who intends to return to full-time studies in the fall.
· Canadian citizen between the ages of 16 – 30 and registered on the Young Canada Works candidate inventory.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Past Perfect software is preferred
· High level of written and oral skills
· Exceptional communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with the public
· Strong organizational skills to effectively process all paperwork/collections
· Experience with event planning
· Demonstrate enthusiasm and a willingness to learn museum procedures
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Phone: 250-783-5735 Fax: 250-783-5770
We thank all those who apply, however only candidates selected will be contacted.